MCHA Education Seminar Series
(Communicating with Confidence)
Wednesday, March 20th, 2019
Quail Lodge and Golf Resort
(Valley Room at Quail Lodge)
8:30 am registration;
Speaker: Jim Covel
Director Guest Experience Training and Interpretation
Monterey Bay Aquarium
Communication—the human connection—is the key to personal and career success.
Communication is one of the fundamental tools we use in the hospitality profession. How skilled are you with this most important process?
Using a series of activities we’ll explore and apply the finer points of communication, including:
- Mastering the fine art of non-verbal communication and controlling your own body language
- Setting the stage for effective conversations
- Speaking by listening—the discipline of emphatic listening
- Staying out of the swamp—tips to avoid toxic communications traps
Whether you are new to hospitality or a seasoned professional, front line or manager—we all communicate for a living and you’ll find new skills you can apply.
Leadership Series Members must register
Reserve your space by Friday, March 15th. Space is Limited and RSVP’s are required. $25 fee for MCHA members & $40 fee for non-members. No show policy: A $25 fee will be assessed and billed to the member property.
For any questions please call or e-mail MCHA Administrative Office
(831) 626-8636 firstname.lastname@example.org